Recording voice meetings is essential for allowing members who weren’t in the meeting to later understand the discussion and context of the meeting. This guide documents how to use the
Craig.chat bot to record a voice meeting as an
How to Record a Meeting using Craig.chat
- First, join the voice channel you would like to record.
- In the corresponding chat channel, use the
/joincommand and select Craig. Craig will send a message saying it
is thinking..., play a sound and announce it is “Now Recording”
- When you are ready to stop recording, in the same chat channel you started the recording in, type in
/stopand select the Craig command to stop the recording.
- Check your DMs (Direct Messages) where you will see a message from Craig, open it up!
- You will see a message that looks like this:
- Click the
Download linkand select
Yep!in the Discord prompt that appears:
- You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
- The quickest way to download is by selecting the
single-track mixed: AAC (MPEG-4
- Depending on the length of the meeting and number of attendees, this may take some time. Just be patient, this will save you from needing to mix the tracks in Audacity. For example, an hour-long meeting with 8 participants will take roughly 3-5 minutes to mix.
- Here’s a brief video of what the process will look like.
.txtfile with descriptions along with the recording, this is not necessary 🙂
- Drag and drop the file directly into Notion to the relevant meeting notes or project page! It will appear something like the embed below ⬇️
- After you’ve confirmed the upload has completed,
- After you have downloaded the recording, please follow the
To deletelink in your Direct Messages to remove the recordings from the server. This will save Craig some computing power.
Yesto delete the recording:
- If you’ve successfully deleted the recording, it will look like this. That’s it!